Faktori Girls

artifaktori contact hours

I try not to get my hopes up when I hear about possible store openings in Boston. I’m still waiting for that rumored TopShop Boston location. So when I heard the news (delivered in a sly whisper at the winter Spirited Magazine party) that Davis Square vintage haven Artifaktori had their eyes on a second location right in my neighborhood, I wasn’t expecting much to come of it.

Here we are, less than six months later and days away from the big reveal. This Thursday, May 19, Artifaktori owner Amy Berkowitz will open her second location at 121 Charles Street in Beacon Hill.

IMG_2375

The new shop will carry the same carefully curated selection of original and refashioned vintage clothing, accessories and bric-a-brac that the Somerville location is known for, as well as rare vintage pieces from Berkowitz’s show collection. It will also feature an expanded selection of vintage-inspired, socially conscious goods from independent designers – including pin-up style swimsuits and dresses, hand-made leather shoes, straw bags and totes woven in Africa and Indian parasols and patchwork bags.

Over the weekend I was lucky enough to get a sneak peek:

IMG_2360

IMG_2361
[Racks are stocked with a beautiful selection of patterns, textures and colors.]

IMG_2358 IMG_2354
[A few favorites. The dress on the right is absolutely stunning - a cheery yellow rose print with the most delicate sheer mauve overlay. Pictures do not so it justice!]

IMG_2350

IMG_2377 IMG_2356
[On the left, Amanda of Red Bird Vintage shows off one of her favorites: a floor length 1970s slip.]

IMG_2371
[Hats and handbags waiting to take their place on the shelves.]

IMG_2367

IMG_2372

I spotted my personal favorite piece the moment I walked in – a stunning, Alice in Wonderland 1950s prom dress with layers of tulle and lace:

IMG_2352

Couldn’t resist playing a little dress up…

IMG_2311 IMG_2328

IMG_2337

A perfect fit! I swear this dress was intended for me, made for me years before I was born.

You can follow the Artifaktori blog and Facebook for more previews of the treasures that await, and be sure to stop by this Thursday to get first dibs on these unique finds.

For more pictures of the shop, store hours and updates on a possible opening party next week, check out Spreedia.

This entry was posted in events and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Faktori Girls

Oh.My.God. That dress. That dress! It is so beautiful and it looks amazing on you. I pray you purchased it. This is a great review with some beautiful shots. Thanks! I am so glad I don’t have to go all the way out to Somerville (I live…not in Somerville, not that I don’t adore David Square) any more to go here!!!

Thanks! I am so glad not to have to venture to Somerville anymore. So many great places and reasons to go, yet I never seem to make it… Of course, it could be dangerous for my wallet to have to walk by here every day!

2. lei ann says:

that dress is adorable on you! holly in wonderland!

3. Miss Neira says:

I hope you got that dress because it looks AMAZING! I saw it on the hanger in the photo before I even saw the photo of you wearing it and I said loudly “Omg I hope she tried that on” hahaha and then I saw that photo. YES!

Enter my $100 Shopbop gift card giveaway!
    xoxo
    Miss Neira

4. Rachael says:

Woah, if I had seen these photos I definitely would have already visited. So nice to meet a quasi neighbor!

5. Marissa says:

How cute are you? You’re going to be in so much trouble with an Artifaktori on Charles Street!

6. noelani says:

I can’t wait to check out the new location! Such a fun space and so good to see something like this expanding. I will undoubtedly still prefer the original locale since it’s much closer!!

7. Pingback: Photo Diary: Picnics, Carousels and Signs of the Rapture | covetous creatures

8. adriana says:

that dress is TO DIE FOR and you look stunning in it!

Thank you! You have to check out the shop next time you’re in town (it’s not even a block from the Liberty) – so many incredible pieces!

9. I like your dress and you also beautiful .