Photo Diary: Picnics, Carousels and Signs of the Rapture

Last weekend I attended the Boston Bloggers Picnic put on by Melissa and Natalie of The Boston Day Book. While I was enjoying the sunshine and conversations, I was negligent with my camera – that is, until some of the fashion bloggers began the requisite outfit photos. I missed out on pictures of the puppies, cupcakes, somersaulting clowns, and new blogger friends (*one of the above may not have actually been present). I did, however, capture a few of the attendees and the adventures that followed.

Photo Diary: Saturday, May 21
Boston Bloggers Picnic, Boston Common

IMG_2497 IMG_2491

IMG_2498

IMG_2501

IMG_2508
[above: Nicolle of Nicolle Saylor (and her adorable pup), Lei Ann of Lei Ann...Off Duty, Micheal of The Trendy Dwarf, Najeema of A Stylized Hysteria and a shot of our nails and jewels. below: The one pic I captured that included Melissa and Natalie. Photo fail on my part.]

IMG_2537

IMG_2543 IMG_2539

Frog Pond and Carousel on the Common

IMG_2544

IMG_2546 IMG_2547
[There was an eerie mist looming over the city, and despite the heat our breath made little clouds. For a moment we feared it was a sign of the impending rapture - but then it was our turn on the carousel.]

IMG_2555

IMG_2560

IMG_2561
[A kitten for Najeema and a bunny for me!]

Shopping in Beacon Hill

IMG_2562
[A stop by 20th Century Ltd. to ogle the treasure trove of vintage jewelry, raven feather stoles, Whiting & Davis mesh bags and various accessories]

IMG_2566 IMG_2564
[On to Artifaktori, where Nicolle showed off her pin-up style and Najeema snagged the most incredible skirt. I spotted it during my preview, but even in heels it was a floor-grazing gown on me. Glad to see it go to a good home.]

IMG_2581
[I must have missed the hot pink memo.]

After saying our goodbyes at Artifaktori, we met again in Savenor’s. This is what I love about Boston fashion bloggers – we eat! Not one of us could miss the opportunity to stock up on gourmet breads and cheeses and addicting salted caramels.

[I missed a majority of the crowd in my photos, so I highly encourage you to check out the blogs of all the attendees.]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Photo Diary: Picnics, Carousels and Signs of the Rapture

1. Nicolle says:

love it, Holly! I want more days like that! <3

2. Becca says:

I am every kind of jealous of your afternoon. First because bloggers in the park sounds amazing. Second because I love and miss 20th century LTD. And third because that skirt Najeema got loooks amazing. Expect comments on your outfit coming in about 2.5 seconds!

3. I agree with Nicolle! We need to plan something like that again and all get together! I love this post and the photography of the event/evening!
    Check out my trendy blog!

4. lei ann says:

i love all our slightly different takes on the day! hahaha…forgot about the whole *not* getting raptured part ^_^

Fun photos! The shopping looks like a blast!

6. Ria says:

Love girls who eat! Great photos. Blogger meetups must be so much fun, wish we had one down here in Florida.

I definitely feel lucky to have such a great community of bloggers here. I’m sure you could set something up in Florida! The girls who organized this said they were amazed by the positive response they got, and businesses were more than happy to donate food, drink, etc. for the event.

7. Marissa says:

Aww… I wanted to be there so badly! It looks like you girls had a great time!

8. noelani says:

Looks like such a fun, gorgeous day. I was so sad to miss it- I had to hit up my cousin’s graduation party. Tis the season. Look at your hair I love it!! Did you do it yourself? I need tips!!