Happy Fourth of July!

Is wearing the Americana trend on the Fourth of July the same as wearing a band’s shirt to the concert? I’ve been debating this all week.

IMG_3449 IMG_3448
[American Eagle dress, Forever 21 tutu, Gregor's H&M sweater, J. Crew belt, Jessica Simpson shoes]

The verdict? Yes, but I’m kind of okay with it. “It’s like wearing an Easter dress for Easter,” Gregor reasons.

That settled, I chose to dress for the occasion – I even made a basically red, white and blue friendship bracelet (because pink is really just light red if you think about it).

IMG_3482

We’re currently packing up a picnic of asparagus, apple and cashew sandwiches (inspired by No. 7 Sub), barbeque potato chips, fresh berries and some patriotic desserts we picked up from Cafe Vanille before heading out to catch the fireworks on the Charles. Gregor kept his drink choices to the theme with 21st Amendment Imperial IPA and Pretty Things American Darling.

IMG_3478 IMG_3468
IMG_3487

Hope everyone is having a safe and lovely holiday!

This entry was posted in costume department and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Happy Fourth of July!

1. Samantha says:

oh holly, you look so precious. i love your holiday look!

xo

2. Amanda says:

Holly, I love the patriotic outfit…and the sugary sweet accessories! Sounds like a wonderful day. Happy 4th to you and Greg!

x AMW

3. Liz says:

Love this, Holls! Still trying to figure out how to do that bracelet pattern though, haha.

I attempted to find a tutorial for you online but instead got sucked into a web of over-complicated patterns for panda faces, letters, etc… I need to fix my scanner and send you the instructions!

4. lei ann says:

just lovely, holly! your look is so sweet, i wouldn’t even think it was for the holiday :)

5. Rachael says:

I love how you frequent all the Charles St. businesses. I’m embarrassed to admit I’ve never been in Beacon Hill Chocolates, much less realized they made lovely macaroons!

I should be more embarrassed to admit that everyone at the chocolate shop knows me by name and knows I’ll be in each Thursday, like clockwork!

6. He is right but at the same time it’s like wearing a Halloween costume on Halloween. It just must be done. Plus you add your own flare as usual. I love the orange nails our woven bracelets and of course the tutu!

One of my fave red, white and blue looks! And yes, you have to wear it. It is what it is. I don’t MAKE the rules, I just know what they are :)