Concrete Safari

zoo-o-matic

Keeping with our vacation theme of childish adventuring, we spent an afternoon at Utah’s Hogle Zoo. It was not exactly “lions and tigers and bears, oh my!” but the zoo’s inhabitants did display colorful costumery, inspiring patterns and a lot of attitude.

Vulture

Armadillo
[This armadillo is so fashionable right now - check the patterns on his (or her?) belly!]

Playful Baby Elephant
Baby Elephant

Peacock in Hiding
Peacock
Chasing Peacock
[I tried (unsuccessfully) to chase down the Peacocks for a close-up. They were not having it.]

Death at the Zoo

Cool as a Kangaroo?

Einstein Marmoset
[This little guy had some serious hair.]

Bats and bats

Graphic Giraffe

Zoo Smiles

Sleeping Tigers
Sleepy Tigers

Zoo Masks
[Animal masks from the zoo gift shop - the best purchase of the trip.]

What I wore:

Zoo Outfit
[Forever 21 jumper, swapped belt, vintage hat from Artifaktori, Rugby clutch, vintage scarf, Jeffrey Campbell Litas]

This entry was posted in costume department, photo diary and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Concrete Safari

1. sami says:

i was just watching breakfast at tiffany’s last night- your masks remind me of the ones that they stole from the five and ten- but cooler!

xo

2. lissy says:

Hope you’re having a great vaca! The scenery in the first photo looks amazing!

3. alana says:

Such fun photos!

4. Adrianne says:

hope your vaca was fun! love you!

Those animal masks are creepy / awesome. This looks like the best afternoon – how fun!! And you look adorable, as always. That photo of you with the tiger statue made me look twice, I can tell you that….OK, this is rambling, but the Franklin Park Zoo and the Brookline Center for Adult Ed have a “Big Cats” class where you go to the zoo and get to go “behind the scenes” with the cats. Not like WITH THEM, but muuuuch closer than when you are at the normal zoo. Its awesome. Anyway, I saw the statue photo, thought they were real for half a sec, and wondered about the lax rules in Utah zoos…

I’m not sure I’d look so carefree if those were real! When I was younger I used to get so excited over the free-roaming peacocks – I thought they’d escaped! (Clearly some of that excitement stuck with me).

6. I’m having a moment of romper love. It look so comfy and cute! And I totally want that monkey as a pet. He’s beyond cute!

7. I love your vacay photos – it’s clear you two did it up! It would appear that we have the same feather necklace!

8. That kangaroo picture is hilarious — he’s totally just chillin!