Show Your Bones

primp readying

3:00 am

remind me to stand up straight next time twinkle tights

…And within days of the end of the January, I am finally posting my New Year’s Eve outfit! Not exactly anything to be proud of – the timing, that is, not the outfit – but for me it’s pretty good. Which is maybe sad…

Aldous Huxley once said, “Several excuses are always less convincing than one.” If only I had a singular excuse for myself. The truth is I’ve had a lot going on. Good things. Exciting things. But just a whole lot of things. My updated bio should read:

Negligent blogger, Zoora Brand Engagement Consultant, jewelry designer, photo assistant, on-call salon receptionist, freelance writer/stylist/model – and that’s just after 6:00 pm!

Which leaves many questions to be answered. Like who would hire a 5’1″ model? And wtf is a Zoora? And I look forward to answering them all… But in another post. Because right now I am exhausted, possibly delirious and, it appears, incapable of thinking/typing beyond fragmented sentences. It’s probably for the best that I leave you with the outfit details and just step away from the computer.

option c
[Black Milk 3D ribs dress and 3D glasses, Club Monaco sequins blazer from Rescue - who threw the NYE party we went to, which, I should mention, was pretty awesome - DIY shredded tights and spike crown, bracelets and body chain from my covetous creatures jewelry-line-in-progress (as mentioned in above ramblings)]

This entry was posted in costume department and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Show Your Bones

1. And my favorite outfit of yours!

2. Charlotte says:

I cant explain how much I love this dress… SO i will type it all caps “I LOVE THIS DRESS”… understatement… I’m really happy that you are posting again!! YAY! your a model?! (not that you aren’t pretty, I just am excited to know another model, with all my fashion people I know I can take over the world!!) Okay Im done with this brain fart…
    Charlotte

Thank you! I’m glad to be posting too! And I’m much more comfortable with the term (un)model, since I am short, of average build and older than I care to admit – but I am always happy to get made up, styled and photoshopped by the pros!

3. Samantha says:

holly- you’re too creative and such a pretty model! so glad to know you ;)

xo

4. Your bio is too cute and I’m 100% with you!!! Revel in it though. Enjoy it! No need for excuses! Hope you’re getting good sleep though. Fierce outfit and I swoon for your shoes. Hug Marilyn and Weetzie for me!! :)

5. Santina says:

That dress….those shoooooes…I am in love! This reminds me that I have a pair of House of Holland tights with bones on them that I’ve yet to wear. It might be time…

And, as always, I love your hair.

6. Hogger says:

Love how you’re always rockin’ the looks and you never look like your frazzled or too busy to say hi and chat!

7. Hogger says:

That’s *you’re

8. Kate Z says:

I love the new bio, and the outfit. Rock on, girl!

Yay you are posting again! And super yay to that amazing dress and blazer – very Holly and oh so perfect.

10. noelani says:

Even when delirious you are still better at posting than most!! I love Zoora and it is so great that you are a part of it. I predict big things for you and the after 5 gigs.

11. Marissa says:

The 3d dress comes with 3d glasses? I think that is the coolest thing I’ve ever seen! And you look super hot in it, too. :)

12. Amanda says:

ok, late as usual, but you kick ass, and the solestruck photos are AWESOME!

13. Brittany says:

you sound like me.. busy as ever! love this look! hope everything is going well. :)

14. Lorrie says:

Posts like this make the inertnet such a treasure trove