Transitional Interlude

silver comb

silver sigh

Call it vanity, narcissism or a lingering colloquialism of my salon days, but I seem to talk a lot about my hair. I hope you’ll indulge me another post or two.

After a drawn out and happy affair, I have parted ways with my silver hair. No more icy greys. No more blue-tinged platinums. No more dusty violets. We had our good times, but even then it was always a struggle against muddying and overworked ends. Previous attempts to split left me with murky and unpleasant yellows, but with the help of Alex at Bradley and Diegel Salon I was finally able to make a clean break.

Naturally, I made this decision just as silver is becoming all the rage. Had my timing been more deliberate, I might have been a trendsetter, but this is just jumping the gun.

I am slowly getting back to days of fairer hair. Of course, when the ash was lifted, it left me with buttery blonde ends beyond hope of bleaching. I might be rocking a bit of an unintentional ombré for a while, but I’m finding ways to play with it.

I’ll unveil the new color soon (and there are plenty of old silver pictures I’ve yet to post, so don’t write it off just yet).

silver pull

This entry was posted in interlude, vanities. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Transitional Interlude

1. Santina says:

As much as I like to pretend that I’m not emotionally attached to my hair, I am. It was a tough decision to say goodbye to white (and the option for silver and pastels) and say hello to red. At the same time, it always feels so good to make a change! Oh, life is hair for the hair chameleons… ;)

Your hair looks gorgeous in these photos though I can’t wait to see more of the pink!

2. kaiami says:

Talk as much as you want about your hair because I am, and always will be, the biggest fan of your hair (I still can’t get over how great it looks all the time). Can’t wait to see what you’ve changed it to!

3. Charlotte says:

Oh, silver hair
    thou art so fair
    and with thine face
    thou lookth as if thou is of an elven race

Okay that was a weird poem… I cant wait to see your new hair color, and this post was quite interesting to read… I really want to dye my hair really bright yellow or white, but my parental figures (aka mom and dad, I just like saying parental figures) say “NO BLEACHING!!!” oh well, maybe I can dye it while Im here in Holland…
    hugs!!
    Charlotte

Bleach really is awful, but it allows you to such wonderful things. Yellow wouldn’t be all that damaging anyway. If nothing else you can buy some clip-in colored pieces. I was never allowed to dye my hair unnatural colors until I was nearly out of college (and even that took some time for parents to get used to).

4. I LOVE the new color, especially the pop of pink. I hope you can get away at work with adding soem more pink because it’s so pretty on you!

5. mpchouchou says:

Can’t wait to see the new color. You do what I wish I had the nerve to try….I love all the color changes. I used to be more adventurous but old age has made me boring. Now I rely on my clothing for color. So lame.

See, I wish I had the nerve to wear colors like you do. I put it in my hair and forget it’s there, but put on something bright and usually chicken out before I get out of the house!

6. Miss ED says:

I talk about my hair a lot, all over. I’m sure my friends are annoyed. I bet your new look is awesome, even though I do love the silver ;)

7. Jasminka S. says:

Love your hair, and your blog! The two of you have this really fun interplay of darkness and fun.

Awww, I will miss it. Though you’re going to look good in other colors!

9. holleigh says:

Thanks! I’m looking forward to playing with it a bit more…